Meet our Easy Projects Manager, Rob Holroyd
Rob heads up Easy Projects, which is our in-house division that deals directly with housebuilders, specifiers, and interior designers…
- What does your day-to-day role involve at Easy Bathrooms?
On any one day I could be doing several things. I meet current clients about their ongoing or upcoming projects, whether it’s at their head office or on-site. I meet new clients at consultation meetings to discuss what they would like to achieve with their design and the budget they have in place, before pulling together and sending quotations. Myself and my team also undertake proactive work to identify potential new clients.
- What are your main goals (at Easy Bathrooms) for the next five years?
My goal is to grow the contracts’ department turnover, profit, and headcount. In five years, I would like an Easy Bathrooms’ Projects Area Manager in every corner of the UK – which would also mean our current team of two internal contracts support team would need to increase too.
- If you had to prioritise just one area of your role, which would it be and why?
Looking after current clients and ensuring repeat business is by far the most important aspect of my role. New customers are great and targeting new clients is also very important but building and keeping long-lasting working relationships is the key to success.
- What would you say is the most challenging aspect of your role?
Over the last few years, we’ve been hit with many challenges. Brexit, Covid-19, and war led to material and energy cost increases meaning making our products more expensive to manufacture and ship.
- If you were given an additional £250,000 of budget to spend within the next month, what would you splash out on, and why?
I’d instantly increase my external workforce and projects team.
- What brand, not in the bathroom industry, do you admire?
Sonos. They have an excellent product, they excel at marketing, they never budge on price and they are industry-leading in their field.
- If you could invent one tool that would make your job easier, what would it do?
A self-driving car. Hopefully, I can get one soon given the new changes to the highway code! A 4-hour drive to my clients in Southampton could be a 4-hour admin opportunity!
- What are your trend predictions for the housebuilding industry in 2025?
We'll see a huge increase in the usage of electric towel warmers and showers. This is due to the impending 'no gas' regulation coming in in 2024. Easy Bathrooms will be increasing our range accordingly, to support this.
- What’s your favourite Easy Bathrooms product?
I’m going to be boring and say the Fabio Shower Enclosure Range. It’s fantastic quality, it never lets me down and is a great price for the superior spec. When quoting for an apartment scheme with hundreds of different variations in size and shape, the Fabio range has every size and shape needed! I’m also excited to see new colours in this range being released late 2022.